Flex shift supervisor with extrusion experience
Elkhart, IN 46516 US
IMKO Workforce Solutions, a talent agency in Bristol, is seeking an experienced extrusion operator for our client in Elkhart. Extrusion Operator Experience Required.
Minimum of 2+ years prior extrusion operator experience is required.
Job longevity a must to be considered.
Skills testing will be completed during the interview process, including, math and ruler measurements.
Starting pay is $21 per hour plus shift premium when working 2ndWork 6:00pm - 6:00am Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and get paid 40 hours
The Extrusion Operator is responsible for efficient production of XLPE Foam using approved processes. The operator is assigned a film line based on experience and shift need and is responsible for day-to-day operations of that line.
Duties can include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for checking quality of their line at shift change and on an hourly basis.
- Enters all production information into ERP (computer system) as necessary
- Ensures that packaging is being done per the correct customer packing specification.
- Oversee the testing of treatment, gauge and width specifications.
- Provide samples to the QA Lab for testing.
- Check blenders at shift and order changes.
- Ensure there is a documented 1st piece check sheet for each change over.
- Must verify all line paperwork is complete and accurate.
- Make sure all employees have the required PPE; work zone housekeeping is maintained throughout the shift; and all operators follow all safety policies.
- Responsible for reporting any defective equipment or safety hazards to Plant Manager.
- Maintain production rates while maintaining a quality product.
- Responsible for preparing for upcoming order changes at least 2 hours in advance.
- Assist others when needed.