Experienced Extrusion Operator
Elkhart, IN 46516 US
IMKO Workforce Solutions is seeking an experienced swing shift supervisor for our client in Elkhart. Extrusion Operator Experience Required.
Minimum of 2+ years prior extrusion lead experience is required.
Minimum of 3+ years of supervisory experience required in a manufacturing/factory setting.Job longevity a must to be considered.
Skills testing will be completed during the interview process, including, math and ruler measurements.
We are looking for a shift supervisor who can float between 1st and 2nd shifts, as needed. Both shifts run from 6:00 - 6:00. Attitude and flexibility are everything.
The Extrusion Lead Operator is responsible for efficient production of XLPE Foam using approved processes. The operator is assigned a film line based on experience and shift need and is responsible for day-to-day operations of that line.
Duties can include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for checking quality of their line at shift change and on an hourly basis.
- Enters all production information into ERP (computer system) as necessary
- Ensures that packaging is being done per the correct customer packing specification.
- Oversee the testing of treatment, gauge and width specifications.
- Provide samples to the QA Lab for testing.
- Check blenders at shift and order changes.
- Ensure there is a documented 1st piece check sheet for each change over.
- Must verify all line paperwork is complete and accurate.
- Make sure all employees have the required PPE; work zone housekeeping is maintained throughout the shift; and all operators follow all safety policies.
- Responsible for reporting any defective equipment or safety hazards to Plant Manager.
- Maintain production rates while maintaining a quality product.
- Responsible for preparing for upcoming order changes at least 2 hours in advance.
- Assist others when needed.
Required education and experience
- Basic computer skills (operating system, email, etc.)
- Highschool Diploma or GED equivalent
- Minimum of 2+ years prior extrusion experience and 3+ years of prior supervisory experience
- MATHEMATICAL SKILLS
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Preferred education and experience
3+ or more years of prior extrusion experience preferred