2nd Shift Saw Operator
Brookings, SD 57006 US
2nd shift runs Monday - Thursday from 3:30 pm to 2:00 am. Hourly rate is $18.00 - $20.00 based on experience. Company is willing to train if not previously experienced in machine operation or production.
- Ensure that all work is performed in accordance and inherence to Company & Quality standards
- Check saw equipment for proper operating conditions, wear items, coolant levels, & mixture considerations
- Load materials into machine using a fork truck & secure each load to ensure safe operation
- Check sizes & tolerances using appropriate tools or personnel assistance against blueprints, drawings, or specifications while monitoring saw throughout process
- Operate saw & adjust machine stops, feeds, & speeds as necessary in regard to customer specification & given tolerances throughout the cutting process
- Ensure quality & conformity of product meets or exceeds customers' standards
- Prepare product for shipment
- Maintain a clean & safe works space & shop appearance by organizing, cleaning, sweeping, taking out trash, etc.
- Record & document inventory transactions & perform periodic cycle counts to assure stock levels are accurate
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to read & understand or learn to read & understand blueprints or job specifications & drawings
- Good communication, decision making, judgement, & problem solving skills
- Dependability & good attendance including punctuality & willingness to work overtime as needed
- Ability to work both independently with minimal supervision as well as part of a team
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Forklift certified is a plus - will train & certify if inexperienced
This is a permanent direct hire position within our client company that offers benefits such as Medical, Dental, & Vision insurance, 401(k) with company match, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, Life Insurance, & more.
IMKO Pro is the direct hire division of IMKO Workforce Solutions specializing in professional recruiting & permanent placement. Apply today to confidentially discuss & to learn more.